Thursday, February 4, 2016

Loose Ends

Lately, I've been focusing on tying up loose ends before uni starts back. The summer is going quicker than I anticipated and some of jobs I've been hoping to do/to have finished by now are still on the back burner. There’s been so much going on! I’ve been soaking up as much time as I can possibly spend with Danny before the semester sucks him into it's grasp, and this means coffee dates at our favourite Brisbane cafe! (Finiky Gluten Free Patisserie)

Danny looking very serious.

I have so many sewing projects to start and complete It’s overwhelming, but very exciting. Two of my Sunshine Coast cousins are having baby girls within a few weeks of one another, and I have goals of making them matching pinafores in cute fabrics. I’m also making some 40’s-style sheer blouses for a lovely work pal of mine, and a circle skirt for my darling friend Bridget, so needless to say i’ll be spending many happy hours (probably hunched) behind my Brother sewing machine in the next few weeks. 

 My little Spotlight haul

Something I've been working on accepting lately are relationships with friends. Accepting that some people only serve to fill a space in your life temporarily is hard, and I’ve never been one to hold with brutally cutting people out- but some friendships fade and you have to let things naturally take their course. I believe that in the end, you have to do what’s best for you and seek after people that further you in becoming who you want to be. That’s not to say you can’t remain friendly acquaintances with people, who become passing ships throughout your life. It’s tricky, but I think it’s a pretty huge lesson in life. 
One of my best friends, Bridget
In other news, I really want to start doing some fashion posts- but I have one main conundrum: A huge majority of my wardrobe consists of clothing from the same brand (the vintage-inspired brand Princess Highway). I've worked for this brand for nearly two years so I have quite a considerable collection, and although I don't always wear full P.H outfits: there's usually something of the brand thrown in. On one hand, it's a very accessable brand- on the other hand, I don't want to appear to be advertising for them. It's purely circumstance that I have such a huge collection. 

Anyway, what do you think? Are you still interested in fashion posts? Or purely things i've sewn myself? Or a mix? 
Comment below! 

Warmest, 
Ali x

No comments:

Post a Comment